The following guidelines are aimed at non-professional contributions from the UPLIFT Community, if you are a professional writer looking to contribute to UPLIFT, please check out our article submission guidelines.
Community Contribution Guidelines
We welcome creative writing community contributions: personal stories, poems, vignettes, anecdotes, letters, prayers, etc about how you experience love in your life. Create what you are passionate about & inspired by!
We select original work focussed on inspiration, transformation and positivity and will publish these as a gift to the UPLIFT global community.
We aim to publish inspiring stories. Some aspects of ‘shadow’ or ‘what’s wrong’ may be used for context but this cannot be the focus of the story. We ask stories do not:-
Come from fear-based or negative viewpoints.
Perpetuate a “them versus us” conflict mentality, this includes stereotyping based upon race, gender, religion, political views etc.
- Ask the reader to fix anything as if they are broken, or solve anything as if there is a ‘problem’.
- Preach to the reader, telling them how to be, or what to do (we do not publish ‘How to …’ articles).
- Pander to the reader, reinforcing or enabling them to ‘feel-good’ about existing beliefs or ways of being.
Be … Uplifting, Inspiring, Transformational, Engaging, Purposeful, Compassionate ...
- UPLIFT accepts Community Submissions by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Community Submission".
- You certify your submission is your own original work, and that any excerpts of other work are clearly cited as Fair Use or Public Domain.
- You certify that any images you provide to us are royalty and/or copyright free, or are explicitly licensed to UPLIFT Media for publication, for free.
- You accept that no financial rewards are offered for UPLIFT Community Contributions
- You accept that UPLIFT does not allow advertising, promotional or sponsored content and/or links of any kind.
- You accept that UPLIFT is not a mouthpiece for the transmission of political agendas and/or activism.
- You accept that UPLIFT reserves the right to determine how we present your work for final publication. The title, descriptive text or imagery you suggest may be adjusted for stylistic reasons and/or copyright issues.
- You accept that UPLIFT will publish the author’s name and location unless you request to remain anonymous. No external links will be published.
- You accept that UPLIFT cannot publish all submissions and thereby agree that UPLIFT will have the final say on what is or is not published. You will only hear back from UPLIFT if your submission is accepted for publication.
In deep gratitude, we wish you continued inspiration, joy and love ...