The following guidelines are aimed at (non-professional) contributions from the UPLIFT Community, if you are a professional writer/creator looking to contribute to UPLIFT, please check out our article submission guidelines.
We welcome all contributions that express how you experience love in your life, in your family or within your community. For example, this can look like acts of love, kindness or compassion that you have experienced. This could also be sharing about a project, initiative or event that is manifesting more love into the world through tangible actions.
We encourage you to share in a format that most resonates with you, this could be personal stories, poems, vignettes, anecdotes, letters, videos, prayers, etc.
We ask stories do not:-
- Come from fear-based or negative viewpoints.
- Perpetuate a “them versus us” conflict mentality, this includes stereotyping based upon race, gender, religion, political views etc.
- Ask the reader to fix anything as if they are broken, or solve anything as if there is a ‘problem’.
- Preach to the reader, telling them how to be, or what to do (we do not publish ‘How to …’ articles).
- Pander to the reader, reinforcing or enabling them to ‘feel-good’ about existing beliefs or ways of being.
Suggestion: Include aspects of ‘shadow’ or ‘what’s wrong’ as/if that helps to give context to the story, but do not make this the focus.
Be … Uplifting, Compassionate, Joyful, Inspiring, Transformational, Engaging, ...
- UPLIFT currently accepts contributions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Sharing Acts of Love".
- You certify your submission is your own original work, and that any excerpts of other work are clearly cited as Fair Use or Public Domain.
- You certify that any images or videos you provide to us are royalty and/or copyright free, or are explicitly licensed to UPLIFT Media for publication (for free).
- You accept that no financial rewards are offered for your contribution.
- You accept that UPLIFT does not allow advertising, promotional or sponsored content and/or links of any kind.
- You accept that UPLIFT is not a mouthpiece for the transmission of political agendas and/or activism.
- You accept that UPLIFT reserves the right to determine how we present your work on our website (e.g. the title, descriptive text or imagery you suggest may be adjusted for stylistic reasons and/or copyright issues.
- You accept that UPLIFT may publish your name as the author’s and your location unless you request to remain anonymous. No external links will be published.
- You accept that UPLIFT may not publish all contributions and thereby agree that UPLIFT will have the final say on what is or is not published. You will only hear back from UPLIFT if your submission is accepted for publication.
In deep gratitude, we wish you continued inspiration, joy and love ...