The following guidelines are aimed at both amateur & professional filmmakers who are looking to contribute to UPLIFT.
Film Submission Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting a video for UPLIFT, please take a look at the videos UPLIFT publishes and reflect upon how your voice could work best in this format.
Here are a few more tips on submitting films to UPLIFT:-
- Submissions are open between short two-minute pieces to full-length feature films. UPLIFT concentrates on stories that are heart-centred but have an impact and an intention to make a positive difference. We are looking to curate inspiring stories about projects, communities and people who are inspirational examples of love-in-action.
- We intend to publish high-quality content that can also be easily shared in today's world of social media connectivity.
- It is important that the film has a clear value for the viewer, something that enriches their life. We enjoy innovative, well-researched films that should not be self-promotional or exclusive to a particular group but should aim to appeal to a wider audience.
- UPLIFT accepts film submissions (for review) by supplying a preview link (YouTube or Vimeo) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Film Submission".
- By submitting your work to UPLIFT you agree:-
- To grant UPLIFT a non-exclusive license to host & promote your work via our platform(s).
- That you certify this is your own original work for which you own the copyright, and that any excerpts of other work are clearly cited as Fair Use or public domain.
- That any thumbnail images you provide to us are royalty and/or copyright free, or are explicitly licensed to UPLIFT Media for publication, for free.
- UPLIFT reserves the right:-
- To have the final say on what is or not published by UPLIFT.
Kindly note that we will contact you directly in the event that we wish to publish your piece. If we do not get back to you within 7 days it is likely that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but you are always welcome to try again!
Final Asset Guidelines
In the event that UPLIFT wishes to publish your film, we will request the following assets be made available to us:-
- A copy of the film in H.264, Quicktime, MP4 formats (minimum resolution 1080p, framerate 24/25/30 FPS) [Note we are also open to embedding a copy of the film from YouTube and/or Vimeo]
- Any appropriate graphics and/or imagery that can be used for the film thumbnail and promotional assets (vector graphics & high-resolution imagery).
- Descriptive and/or promotional language to accompany the film (including any relevant copyright information and/or 3rd party links).
In deep gratitude, we wish you continued inspiration, joy and love ...